This Page

has been moved to new address

FiDi here I come!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ferronlandia: FiDi here I come!

Friday, September 17, 2010

FiDi here I come!

How does a restless, globe-hopping gal like me wrestle the monotony of a 9 to 5 in the Financial District (stupidly nicknamed FiDi, I've since learned)? Lunch! And if you're like me and can't really afford $10 lunches every day there's always...sun? Never thought I would be so excited about a glimmer of sunshine, but when I spot one on the shady streets of San Francisco, mark my words, I will push over the next girl in a power suit and sit my ass down.
Here's my Friday lunch spot:
Chez Carla- Great, HUGE spicy chicken sandwiches on focaccia bread that come with a salad, usually a long line but it moves pretty fast thanks to a very fine man who I now refer to as the Chicken Nazi. He keeps everyone in the kitchen moving pretty fast and he's got these deep, tough-love eyes. Ladies, hopefully he'll engage you in the same conversation he had with me the first time I ordered:
Chicken Nazi: First time? (with those sexy eyes)
Ferronlandia: Excuse me? (frazzled)
CN: First time (more sexy eyes)... First time here? (smile)
F: Oh, um... why, yes. (you naughty chicken nazi)
CN: Well then, you get a free... (please say kiss, say kiss) soup.
F: Oh, great. Soup. (damn!)
Unfortunately, the last few times I've been I haven't seen him around. But the other guys are quite charming and if you pick up on any of their inside jokes they'll give you some great customer service (like free mangos on your salad!)

Got the travel bug?
Chez Carla: http://chezcarla.com/ Chicken sandwich about $8 (it's worth it).
Sunny rooftop to eat your sandwich on: 343 Sansome St. Take the elevator to the 15th floor. Lots of seating areas and a small view of the Bay (sigh, good luck making it back to your cubicle).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 22, 2010 at 9:46 AM , Anonymous Anava said...

Love it. See I knew there was something redeeming in the neighborhood! So happy you're blogging again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home