This Page

has been moved to new address

Oakland's Best Dance Party

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ferronlandia: Oakland's Best Dance Party

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Oakland's Best Dance Party

I've been hearing about The People party for a long time and my cynicism has kept me from checking it out. A dance party put on once a month that has a great crowd, good music and is always fun? Really? Every month, every time?

Yes. It's all true. The People, you are the cherry on top of Oakland's revamped nightlife. The venue, New Parish, was perfect for a hot night- a big sweaty dance floor, a balcony, and a beautiful, cool outdoor courtyard. I've never been around a nicer, more dance-happy crowd in Oakland (or a nicer looking crowd- so that's where you're hiding!) DJ Spinna was dope, the pretentious but talented dance circle was super entertaining, and even though I don't know how to dance to house music (I just followed Yeshi) it may have been my favorite dance party of 2010.

As my friend said while we were walking home, "Oakland hasn't been this hot since World War II!" Dance on Oakland, dance on.
Got the travel bug?
The People: http://thepeopleoakland.com/ Every 4th Saturday of the month
New Parish: http://www.thenewparish.com/

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home