This Page

has been moved to new address

NYC Day 2: Street Food, Antiques, and a Photo Tribute to NY Pizza

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ferronlandia: NYC Day 2: Street Food, Antiques, and a Photo Tribute to NY Pizza

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

NYC Day 2: Street Food, Antiques, and a Photo Tribute to NY Pizza


Hungover? Hungry? The perfect remedy according to Ferronlandia: Roll out of bed, grab a coffee, and head to the nearest street food festival for breakfast.
1. Grub Street Food Festival- Stay tuned for upcoming Street Food Festival Survival Rules based on our experience at this packed fair. Organizers estimated that 12,000 hungry people came through the gates, Agustina and I probably cut about half of them in line. All worth it for this.
The Ditch Dog:
Macaroni and Cheese on top of a hot dog. Ditch Plains, you made macaroni and cheese a condiment. God bless you.
Patacon Pisao: And here I thought I knew about the infinite possibilities of plantain-related snacks. But these crafty Venezuelans made tortillas out of plantains and then stuffed them with pork and chicken. Bravo!
Georgia's Eastside BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich:
 We walked by their restaurant and saw this.
Then we walked by their stand at the fair and had this. 
Then I understood.
2. Walk it off at the West 25th Street Market
This indoor antique gallery is not for the penny pinchers, but if you're after well-kept antiques with style this would be the place.  I would imagine it would be a sweet shopping destination when hiding from the winter. Across the street there’s a lower-end flea market. 
3. Casa Mezcal
A Mezcal bar? For real? Owned by David, a Jew from Long Island. Obviously. The place looks like my dream kitchen and the drinks were the best mezcal drinks I’ve ever had. Yea, yea he gave us some free shit cause it was my birthday. 
 4. Drinks and dancing in Williamsburg
Dram Bar-Looks like a fancy Tahoe cabin, smells like cedar, tastes like a tequila/mezcal old fashioned. Weird and cool. Use the bathroom here.
Bembe- World music all night, crowded as hell, drummers, touchy latino men, it’s somewhere in between Baobab and Brazil. At the end of the night the DJ did a mashup of "three little birds" and "let's get it on," and I liked it! 
5. Pizza at Anna Maria Pizza
Ever notice how New York pizza brings out the freak in all of us? The top pics are from this recent trip, when we made a very satisfying pit-stop for a slice of pie, but I noticed they were alarmingly similar to the photos from my last visit to NY.
Pizza photo session 2010:
Pizza photo session 2009:
It's just so wide and foldable, we can't help it!  
 

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 21, 2010 at 11:43 AM , Anonymous Anava said...

Oh boy, these series are hilarious! Love a pizza shoot. So attractive. Miss you! Come back east... xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home