This Page

has been moved to new address

Ode to La Taqueria

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ferronlandia: Ode to La Taqueria

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ode to La Taqueria

It's 10 a.m. and I'm running to deposit a grant check at the bank before my morning staff meeting (ugh). As I hustle past the taco truck on Sansome St, I overhear a man in a business suit come up to the window and ask for a burrito. The truck isn't even open yet. Homie in the back is still cleaning and none of the food is out. I'm not even awake enough to register that I'm not in my bed and this fool is ready for lunch?? Not only is he three hours ahead of me (and looking all sharp and professional) he's probably hungover too. Or maybe he went for a really exhausting morning run. Why else would you crave a burrito that early? Normally I would find someone who doesn't respect opening hours annoying, but through our common bond of love for some quick Mexican food, I had to sympathize.

You see, last weekend I was working in the mission with my photographer friend Laila and we ate at my favorite taqueria, La Taqueria. Talk about it and my boys Danny and Raul will get all jealous as if they didn't just go last week. The chicken is always tender. The flour quesadilla is greasy and fried (that's a good thing). The line moves fast. The tacos (ask for guacamole) are the perfect size- that happy medium between tiny taco truck and oversized American. The point is, one stop at La Taqueria will make you smile at anyone else having inappropriate, public cravings for Mexican food, kinda like how you feel about PDA when you're also in love...Lard is in the air?



Got the travel bug?
La Taqueria: 2889 Mission (and 25th)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home