This Page

has been moved to new address

Parks Slope to Fort Greene: Brunch & a Flea Market

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ferronlandia: Parks Slope to Fort Greene: Brunch & a Flea Market

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Parks Slope to Fort Greene: Brunch & a Flea Market

A good Sunday morning starts here:
1. Moutarde-Cute french bistro in Parks Slope, with no wait! The host shook his head when I tried to sweet talk him into letting us sit outside, but I didn't mind his 'tude once I bit into my smoked salmon scramble. Yummy bloody mary.

2. Walk down 5th Ave to get the full cuteness experience of Parks Slope (lotta strollers!) and end up at the Flea at Skylight One Hanson-
What a sight! The tallest building in Brooklyn (built in 1929) becomes a flea market playground on Sundays and every nook and cranny of the ground floor, mezzanine and basement is filled with goodies (eh... slightly overpriced goodies). Between the mosaics on the floors and ceilings and the array of vintage clothes, jewelry, and accessories, it's a beautiful place to walk off a Sunday morning food coma/hangover. Food stations in the basement.

Afterward I would recommend walking through Fort Green- maybe pick up a cheap record off the street on Dekalb Ave (yes, my friend Flannery got this for only $2!), and get some coffee at Tillie's

Got the travel bug?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home