This Page

has been moved to new address

Sicky

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ferronlandia: Sicky

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sicky

Sorry amigos, Ferronlandia was on a brief hiatus thanks to a bad bad virus. How bad you ask? Let me put it to you like this- all those years making fun of my Jewish boyfriends and their allergies, inhalers, overprotective grandmothers, and other forms of endearing dorkdom bit me in the ass- well, lungs. I had an inhaler. I don't even know what drug it puffed into my lungs, but I know that it's red and matching my shoes to it didn't make me any cooler. Turned on yet?

The good thing is that while I was confined to such invigorating beverages as water and purple drank, I still had the endless possibilities of netflix and books my sister gave me for my birthday. So next time your world shrinks into a tiny mess of herbal tea and tissues here are Ferronlandia's recommendations to brighten it up:
Caramel: A "we all get togetha in a beauty shop" classic but in Beirut! A mix of beautiful women, a hot policeman, forbidden love, sexual repression, and another confirmation that men will be men but sisterhood always triumphs!
The Sex Lives of Cannibals by J.Maarten Troost: Talk about getting far away! This dude went to Tarawa, an atoll in the South Pacific nation of Kiribati. To live. The result is a hilarious account of his moments of victory (finding something to listen to aside from 'la macarena", dolphins swimming in circles around him, bold sunsets), utter wackiness (a government interministry dance competition) and disgust (no sewer system. Just a large ocean. Used as a toilet.)
Outsourced:  If I was a lazy professor teaching an international business class I would play this. That's actually giving this movie way too much academic credit- it's a cute romantic comedy based in India. More like, if I was looking for a romantic comedy but too ashamed to watch Notting Hill or My Best Friend's Wedding for the gazillionth time, I would try this one on for size.

And finally, when it was time to exchange the PJs for real clothes and face the world without my inhaler (hey, it kinda grew on me!) this was what was knocking out of my speakers. No idea what's going on in the video, btw.
(credit to Ulie)

Be well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home